- Advertisement -
- 2 cups dried green peas
- 1.5 cups of fresh or frozen peas
- 1 large onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 parsley
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Bunch of cilantro or parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 50g butter
- Peel the onion, garlic and carrots and cut into medium-sized pieces. Cut the celery and parsley. Fry in a little oil or butter until vegetables are slightly golden.
- Add peas, white wine, 6-5 glasses of water. Bunch of cilantro or parsley on a string, bay leaf and black pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and cook over medium heat for about an hour, until the peas soften.
- Add the fresh peas and cook for about 15 minutes more. Eliminate the bunch of cilantro or parsley, thyme sprigs and bay leaf.
- Transfer the soup to a food processor and grind into a puree smooth. While grinding the soup, add the butter, cut into small cubes.
- When the soup is smooth, return to the pot, add salt, pepper and heat (if the soup is too thick, add a little water).