Fresh and light spaghetti dish with lemon butter and fresh asparagus, which requires a minimum of work.
- A single package of spaghetti
- Bundle of asparagus
- 4 lemons
- 100g butter
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) 15% cooking cream
- In a large pot boil 5 liters of water, add a tablespoon of salt.
- Remove the stringy bottom of asparagus and put the stalks in a pot of boiling water. Blanch for about 2-3 minutes until the asparagus turns bright green and slightly softened. Remove and transfer to a container with cold water to stop the cooking process. After the asparagus has cooled, cut it into sections 4-5 cm in length.
- Cook the pasta inside of the asparagus cooking water according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Meanwhile, scrape lemon zest from 3 lemons and squeeze the juice of one lemon.
- Melt the butter in a large and wide pan over low heat and add the lemon zest. after a minute add the lemon juice and stir. Season with salt and stir.
- When the pasta is ready, add it filtered (directly from the cooking water) to the pan with the sauce with asparagus and stir. A separate bowl Beat the cream with a fork and add to the pan, stir until a rich, creamy sauce. Taste and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Transfer to a plate, add a little lemon zest on top and serve.